10.03.2012

31 days of cookies . day 3. Easy Peanut Butter

10.03.2012
Another day, another cookie. Today we're making a recipe I got from an elderly couple who used to live around the corner from us. It is one of the easiest cookies ever, except slicing from a tube or breaking apart squares from the grocer's dairy case.

Isn't this recipe card so cute and vintage? ... but it was her actual card. Darling.


















Four ingredients. That's it!

1 can Eagle Brand Milk (or any sweetened condensed milk will do)
3/4 C Peanut Butter
2 C Bisquick (or any Buttermilk Baking Mix. I used Trader Joe's brand)
1 t Vanilla (I used Mexican in honor of my dear husband. Plus, it's really good quality and less expensive at the Mexican Produce Store.)






































Just mix the ingredients together and roll them into 1" balls. Then flatten with a fork to make a criss-cross pattern. Dip your fork in sugar to keep it from sticking to the dough.






































I obviously had  little trouble holding the camera still with one hand while pressing with the other.

Bake for 6-8 minutes (I go the full 8) in a preheated 350° oven.






































I just had to add this hydrangea to the photo. I love the way hydrangeas go from bright sunny blue to a deep purple as fall begins.

Quick, easy, delicious peanut butter cookies. Enjoy!


 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment